Custom Home Builder Tips for Spring Maintenance
In This Blog You Will Find:
A guide to maintaining your Calgary custom home as the springtime weather approaches. It is important to make sure your home’s systems are working properly and to check many key interior items. Perform a thorough exterior check and begin yard maintenance.
Spring is in the air! Maintenance throughout all seasons is important for the longevity of your Calgary custom home. We have prepared a list of important items to check as the weather is getting warmer.
Check Your Custom Home’s HVAC System
Regular maintenance of your HVAC system is key for greater efficiency and indoor air quality in your Calgary custom home.
- We recommend changing your furnace filter every 90 days as a dirty air filter will make it harder for your air conditioning system to function properly.
- Install new batteries in your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Remove debris from the exterior parts of your air conditioning unit, if it’s located outdoors.
- Schedule an air conditioning inspection with a professional HVAC technician.
- Schedule your thermostat to adjust to the warmer weather to help you save on energy in your Calgary custom home.
- Adjust your Calgary custom homes humidity levels.
- Check that your kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans are working properly. If unsure, your HVAC technician will be able to look at this for you.
Interior Items to Check Off When Performing Spring Maintenance on Your Custom Home
- Schedule a contractor to clean out your fireplace.
- General check of mechanical room systems.
- Wash the interior side of your windows.
- General cleaning to enter spring feeling regenerated.
Exterior and Yard Maintenance Tips for Your Custom Home
Maintaining the exterior of your Calgary custom home is very important. Some items to make sure to check when doing spring maintenance include:
- Checking the gutters and downspouts and cleaning them out if necessary.
- Turn on the exterior water faucet.
- Wash exterior windows and decks.
- Store winter tools. It’s time to bring out the lawnmower and gardening tools.
- Set up outdoor furniture and BBQ.
- Check all outdoor lights to see if any bulbs need replacing.
Routinely maintaining your home ensures the longevity of your beautiful Calgary custom home. Seasonal checks will ensure that your home is well looked after, Remember to thoroughly check your HVAC systems and other important systems in your Calgary custom home. Perform interior inspections on key items, and take the time to do an exterior check. The most exciting part of spring is preparing your yard for time spent outdoors. Prepare your landscaping and lay out your patio furniture. Your Calgary custom home builder can help educate you on the maintenance of your home.
Ready to build your new custom home? Contact Sunset Homes today.