In This Blog You Will Find:
Calgary custom home builder tips on designing a spa-inspired primary ensuite. Think layout and unique design elements to help set the relaxation mood.
Which room has the capability to give you the most relaxation in your custom home? The primary ensuite! Working with a Calgary custom home builder can give you the beautiful, spa-inspired ensuite that you deserve. Picture coming home to unwind in a space that is designed with your relaxation and well-being in mind.
If you are looking for inspiration for your custom ensuite design, here are some of the tips and ideas we recommend.
Consider Layout in Your Custom Primary Ensuite
First things first, a good layout will set the tone and intention for an incredible custom ensuite. Take time to consider space and functionality. How would you like the space to flow? How will the space be used? Do you have any special design considerations?
Comfort and style should be another main focus when designing your custom primary ensuite. Your Calgary custom home builder can help you create a space that is functional while setting your intended mood for the room.
Ensuites are getting bigger and more luxurious featuring walk-in showers, free-standing tubs, two sinks, partitioned areas for the toilet, and dressing areas. Want to really make your spa-inspired design shine? Add items like an area for seating, a fireplace and a steam unit in your shower.
Also, consider things like whether you would like a walk-in closet and/or laundry space accessible directly from your custom ensuite.
Luxurious Design Elements to Make Your Custom Primary Ensuite Shine
- Surround Sound: Yes! You can incorporate speakers in your custom ensuite. Your Calgary custom home builder can help you design the perfect configuration for your space.
- Heated Towel Rack and Heated Flooring: Imagine how cozy heated towels and flooring will feel after a nice soak in the tub!
- Under Cabinetry Lighting: Give your cabinetry a luxurious look by adding gorgeous under cabinetry lighting.
- Free-Standing Tub: Your Calgary custom home builder can help you select the perfect free-standing tub to help give you an ensuite that spa feel. Are you bold enough to select a copper tub? This colour is trending in 2022.
- Chandelier: Adding a chandelier above your free-standing tub will make a luxurious statement in your custom ensuite.
- Natural Materials: Incorporating woods, and stones and utilizing earth tones are great options for making your custom ensuite feel like a spa.
- Plumbing Hardware: Hardware shouldn’t be overlooked! Matte black and gold accents are currently trending in custom ensuites.
- Feature Wall: If the layout of your custom ensuite allows for a feature wall, we say go for it! Incorporate a gorgeous wallpaper or tile design. A gorgeous idea is a wallpaper feature wall behind your free-standing tub. Another lovely look is a statement tile wall behind the vanity mirrors or in the shower. Your Calgary custom home builder can help you design a gorgeous feature.
- Unique Flooring: Play with tiles! Geometric, terra cotta and hexagon tiles are trending. Your Calgary custom home builder can help you select unique tile to make your ensuite shine.
Your custom primary ensuite can be designed in a way that brings the spa to your home! The bathroom is where you start and end your day, we recommend taking the time to work with your Calgary custom home builder to design the perfect space for you. Consider the layout and unique design elements you would like to incorporate in your custom ensuite design.
Are you ready to build a custom home with us? Contact Sunset Homes today